Friday, July 24, 2009

Count Down To Halloween!!

I have to be completely honest with you, Halloween is my favorite holiday! Halloween has always had a special place in my heart ever since my mom dressed me as Strawberry Short Cake when I was four years old. It is so much fun to plan out costumes, visit Halloween stores and decorate for Halloween. This is also the time of year I get asked over and over again, "Why do you like Halloween so much? Aren't you 30?" Allow me to answer. Yes, I'm 30, and Halloween is still my most favorite Holiday. Halloween's also special because it's the one time of year you get to dress in a costume, pretend to be someone else, pretend to have all sorts of wounds and gashes, and no one calls the cops. It's fun and exciting! Unlike Christmas- when everyone is stressed out
'trying to find the perfect gift for everyone'- give me a break. Halloween is no stress! No one expects gifts from you, no fancy dinners- just giv'em some candy at the door! There's nothing like bunch of toddlers trick-or-treating to make you feel warm and fuzzy, or a school-aged kid dressed as a gum-ball machine! So creative and so much fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, how I LOVE halloween!!! Any idea what Ryan will be this year? I can't wait to see what he and the girls are this year. =D